Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Amazing Husband and Mom

I can't believe that it is almost Christmas. Just 2 days to go. And those days will be very busy. We spend Christmas Eve with Mike's family. We will go to his parents' first and then to his grandparents' for dinner. Then Christmas Day we will be with my parents and family. I am so glad that everyone lives close. The farthest we will travel is about 10 miles or so. And it is nice that Mike's grandparents have always celebrated with the family on Christmas Eve. They do the same thing for Easter, celebrating the day before. It is a big family and they want to make sure everyone comes together.

Today I am baking cookies. Yes, a late start. With a two year old, I got a late start this year. I made some with my mom and Aunt Doone but I still have more to bake. I like giving some to everyone for Christmas. I started yesterday making candy cane cookies but my hand mixer broke. I was so worried I couldn't make the Italian cookies because all I had was the hand mixer. So, I put the dough in the fridge and went to tutor. To my surprise, I came home to a brand new KitchenAid mixer! Wow! An early Christmas present. I have always wanted one but they are expensive so I wasn't going to buy one. Well, my wonderful mom and Mike bought it for me this Christmas. What a treat! So today I have christened it with Italian cookies. It works great! Two batches down and now to roll the candy cane cookies and make Spritz cookies. A bust day. If only a little boy would take his nap!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I love my mixer too. Although I did not get to use it this year. It was a slice and bake Christmas.

I hope you had a nice holiday,
Joy