Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Friday, October 19, 2012

October Happenings

Ok. I'm terrible and haven't posted in a month. But, I have good reasons. We have been very busy with school, work, Fall stuff, and parties. I can't believe my last post still had us swimming and enjoying the lake. Now we are watching the leaves change so many brilliant colors and yes, even frost on the grass. I am so thankful that I now have a garage and my husband was so sweet and cleaned it up so my car sits in the garage at night! No waiting to defrost my car! Yippee!!!

Ok. Off topic. Lots of fun photos to post. I'm not sure where to start. Fall started with my mom, Aunt Doone, and I taking 3 little boys to a corn maze and pumpkin picking. Colby and Keith are both 5 and Jaden is 4. They had a great time and we didn't even lose my Aunt's phone in the maze this year! (2 years ago we actually were lost for a little while in the corn maze and when we finally made it out Aunt Doone went to make a phone call and noticed she lost her phone. The boys all looked upset and asked if we really had to go back in the maze to find it. So now every year the boys remind her to hold on to her phone. They are so funny!) We also enjoyed a horse drawn carriage ride and apple cider donuts. Yum!

The next few weekends have been full of parties. My Aunt Doone and Uncle Gordon celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary with a surprise party given by their kids. Aunt Doone was so happy she actually cried. We had a luau with an actual pig (yes, head and all) and lots of goodies. Colby wasn't so sure about the pig, especially after my dad told him to check him out, that it was winking at him. Thanks Dad! Last weekend Colby went to a school friend's birthday party. It was a Halloween birthday party and the girl is in his afterschool program but a different Kindergarten class. This terrible mom totally didn't think and didn't dress him in his costume. But, easy-going Colby didn't seem to mind and most of the costumes came off as the kids started going on the swings and jumping in the jump house. It was nice for me to get out and meet some of the other moms though. It is tough trying to meet new friends when they all seem to know eachother so well. Hopefully we'll continue to meet more people. And this weeked coming up is another birthday party. This birthday party is for Sean, another little boy adopted from Russia. I can't believe the boys are 5 already.

As for me, work is going well. I am settling into a routine and enjoying working with my kids. I have also started taking yoga through the park and rec in town. It is really great. I'm not so sure about the restfulness and calmness part but the stretching and exercise feels great.

Ok. Long enough. Much more to say but this is getting long enough. Enjoy the pics!



2 comments:

Joy said...

Melissa,
I am pretty sure there is nothing better than parking in the garage. No snow, clean shoes walking into the house. You are only think you love it now just wait.
Joy

Melissa said...

Joy, A garage is great. However, mine is full of remodeling tools and bathroom pieces. We are remodeling already!