Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Cutest Thing!

Colby loves the phone. He loves to talk to everyone and has become quite adept at holding the phone and can just about hold a conversation, well about as well as he does face-to-face. Which is amazing lately. He now uses 3-5 word sentences and knows so many words I have long since lost count. Anyway, Colby loves the phone so much that he often gets mad if we don't let him say hello. I have always been with him during these phone calls so I have seen him get quite excited saying hello and trying to explain what he is doing. So cuute in person!

Today I went ot my friend Sharon's baby shower. She is awaiting a phone call to go get her son from Russia. We hope to hear something within the week or so for a court date. Fingers crossed!!! The party was early afternoon so I had put Colby down for his nap and told him Mommy would be out when he woke up. As I was leaving the party I called home to let Mike know I was on the way. Well, what did I hear?? The biggest, cutest, most energetic, "Hi Mommy!". And he said it a bunch of times. Then he told me all about his dinner and the mess. That "Hi Mommy!" just made my day! What a treat! Since I am home with Colby I don't often leave him. It was nice to hear the excitement in his voice to say hi to me, the same excitement Mike hears every day when he comes home. It almost makes me want to leave more so I can get that excitement more! Almost, but no. I love being home! And boy do I love when Colby says, "Hi, Mommy!" either in person, or on the phone!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am waiting on Logann to say "Mommy!" It just melts your heart, doesn't it?