Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Just a Cute Story

We were on our way to the store last night when this conversation insued. I pretty much listened as Colby and Mike had this very cute and insightful conversation.

C- Why did we go this way? Home is that way Daddy. (pointing towards the way home.)
D- We're going to the store.
C- What store?
D- KMart to look for chairs for outside.
C- Oh. I don't want to go there. Let's go to another store.
D- How about the Moon Store?
C- The Moon Store? That's just silly. I'm pretty sure this neighborhood (yes, I was shocked to hear that word.) doesn't have a Moon Store.
D- Oh. But I want to go to the Moon Store. What should we do.
C- Well, let's call the moon people and tell them to make a moon store here. OK, Daddy?
Both Daddy and I looked at each other pretty surprised by that logical thinking.
D- Oh. Good idea. What should they sell at the Moon Store?
C- Oh moon stuff. Moons and stars and guys dressed to go to the moon. And rocket ships.
M- Colby you are one smart little boy. That's a great idea.
C- I know.

Ok. Some words aren't exact but talk about an interesting conversation. We were both amazed. Where do they learn this stuff???

What conversations do you have with your little ones?

2 comments:

Christine and Stephen said...

Great story ... I know we have some great ones with our little guys too .. just can't think of them.... we do have some great one liners though and I share some here:

Daddy: So what happened at school today? (this was after a rough behavior day)
Roman: I don't want to talk about it right now!

Conversation with both Roman and Max while reading "When I first met you"

Mama: Do we now anyone who is adopted?
Roman: I'm adopted
Maxim: I'm not
Roman: YES YOU ARE (at the top of his lungs)

They are very funny!!!

Joy said...

Very sweet!
Joy