Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School

Well, by now I was hoping to show you pictures of Colby from his first day of school. But, we are still waiting.
Last week, I had 5 full days of teacher in-service. On Friday I actually had to give part of the training on our Reading curriculum. Everyone was all set for school to strat on Monday when we received an email. Due to the pending storm, what was Hurricane Irene, school was being canceled. And it still is. Just received the call for no school tomorrow as well. Ugh! When will we start.
Colby was a little nervous about going to Pre-K this year. I'm not sure why since he was in school last year. Perhaps because it is a new school. So thankfully his teacher is so nice. She met with us on Thursday last week. He was able to see her and his classroom. He played with some of the toys and read some of the books. He is now so excited to go. I only wish we could.
I am also excited about this year. Last year I didn't get my teaching job until October so it will be nice to start the school year with everyone else. Also, I am in a newly refurbished over 100 year old school. They did a great job redoing the school, adding on to it, and putting in the latest and greatest of everything. I am now a part of a 3 person Reading Department and so excited to start. We still have materials to organize and put away, our computers aren't set up yet, and there are odds and ends to finish but the building is amazing. I'll have to get some pics.
So, no pics yet. Promise soon. This could be a really long school year and it hasn't even snowed yet! YIKES!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

K starts the academic part of school on Tuesday...I see homework in our near future! I'm just bummed that her lunchbox won't be here in time for day 1 (had to order it online since I can't find it anywhere -- Rapunzel!)

Looking forward to seeing Colby and his first day pictures! What type of lunch box does Colby have? ;)

~Laura