Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quiet Days

After so many crazy days, it has been nice to have a week or so of "normal" quiet days. We actually had little snow fall here Wednesday into Thursday which gave us an early dismissal from school. But it has been a crazy, snowless winter thus far. Besides the freak snowstorm in October we haven't had much else. When it has snowed, it quickly turned to sleet and rain just making everything dreary. Dull days of winter I guess. Thankfully spring is arriving soon.

Colby is enjoying school and doing well. I will have to post a video soon of him reading his books. Yup, he's Reading! Yeah! He has always loved books and now loves rhyming and even spelling words. Totally amazes me. As for me, I head into the dreaded days of March- state wide testing time. Ugh! Ours are called CT Masters Tests, or CMTs for grades 3-8 and then high school version is CAPTs. Not much fun for my kiddos as school. When Colby is in 3rd, they will be replaced my nationwide standardized tests. Can't wait....not! So, instead of taking my reading groups I get to proctor tests for the next 3 weeks. First grade 6, then grade 4. Double yuck!

But, on the positive side, it is March Madness. Can't wait to watch my UCONN girls play int he Big East Tourney tonight and then hopefully watch them win the NCAA tourney. Might be difficult this year but they will sure try. I'd love to see them play Tenn though.

In other news, looking towards a busy April and May with Easter, Mother's Day, and lots of family birthdays including someone's 5th birthday and registration for Kindergarten! Oh, and someone else's unnumbered birthday on Mother's Day. And still looking at the posibility of moving, adding to our family, or just keeping things how they are. Still not sure. I know what my heart wants but still some things stay out of reach.

Promise pics and videos to come. Just had a few moments before we head out to celebrate Grandpa's birthday.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Melissa,
I think it is amazing that he is already reading. WOW! Anna is doing her version of reading which is after I read her the book than she reads it to me.

Promise that we will get together this summer when you are off.
Joy

Melissa said...

Really hope so Joy. I've been trying to get Mike to take a trip to the shore, or to visit DC during the Easter Egg hunt at the Russian Embassy. But, one battle at a time. Right now, new house battle is top priority.

Laura said...

Hi Melissa!

Whenever Kristina recites the Pledge of Allegiance, I always think of Colby. And now he's reading! We have some books that Kristina can read but I think she has them more memorized. One night, she read an entire "Bob" book to me (they are a series of progressive reading books) and I cried. Our little ones are growing up!!