Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Thursday, February 21, 2013

4 Years!!!

On February 21, 2009, our first adoption journey ended. Mike, Colby, and I landed in New York after a very cold month in Russia. We landed that night and were met by the most amazing sight ever, Mike's parents and my parents waiting with open arms. I was overcome by the emotion and ran with Colby in my arms to my mom. That was the best hug I have ever received. Everyone was so excited, that is except for a somewhat sleepy 22 month old. Court was over, no more visits in a baby home, no wondering when the crib would be filled. Colby was home and he was ours. Ou adoption journey to Colby was over and our journey as a family of three began. And now I was a mom! I couldn't believe it.

Now, 4 years later, my little baby is in Kindergarten and doing well. He makes me more proud of him every day. I still stop and wonder how I became so lucky to have him call me Mom. Sure there are toys everywhere, I step on Legos and cars everyday, there's a lot more laundry, and the food bill has doubled (boy can he eat!). But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, how are we celebrating? Well, we call this day Family Day. I picked up Colby from day care and we found a yummy looking chocolate cream pie for dessert today. And tomorrow, our social worker comes. She wrote our initial home study and hasn't seen Colby in 4 years. But, she is coming to write our next hom study for our second adoption journey. This time to China. Yes, we are starting our next adoption right where we left off with Colby's. I love these happy coincidences.

So, HAPPY FOURTH FAMILY DAY!!!



2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how time goes so quickly? Four years. wow. And god speed on adoption #2!! How wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you all....can't wait to follow your journey!!!