Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Family....4 Years

I can't believe that it is already February. Four years ago Mike and I had just completed court and were waiting to bring Colby home. We were staying in an apartment with limited computer access and without a phone. We had Russian TV, I will say cash cab isn't as funny when you don't know what they are saying. Although since it was Feb I was able to watch lots of college basketball and hockey on ESPN America. Our daily routine included a walk in -25o weather to get groceries or just to stroll on the very frozen lake. We had Valentine's dinner at a Scottish pub along the river, actually quite romantic I must say. But we didn't have our son. We wouldn't be a family for another 2 weeks.
.
So, I guess February has been a special month for us for a few years. And now it will be even more special. We completed the first papers for our next adoption on the first. Hopefully this will move along quickly and we can be a family of four soon. But today, we brace for a snowstorm and a special snow day at home with my guys.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Melissa,
I am so happy that you guys decided on another adoption. From my understanding you all will be getting a ton of snow. YIKES!
Joy