Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Stepping Stone


It has truly been an amazing year this year. Colby has been home almost a year now and we have done so many new things together. So many firsts. The beach, holidays, birthdays, meeting new friends, the list goes on and on. And today, another first. I can't believe it but today Colby and I went to register him for pre-school. He will be in the 3-year olds program. Right now he is scheduled for the morning. Wow!


My baby truly is growing up. He has become an independent little boy. Very outgoing, smart, and yes, strong willed. Since he came home, I have been so fortunate to be able to stay at home with him. We have been together almost constantly. Except for a few times when I went to interviews, out with Mike or other family, he is always at my side. Just recently I began tutoring part-time and am now gone for a few hours on Tues and Thurs after school. But even then, Colby is with Mike. Having him go to school will be a whole new experience. I know it is a necessary milestone in his development, but I am a little sad to see it come so soon. I'm sure he'll be fine but I think I will be a wreck that first day in the fall. But, no matter how big he gets, Colby will always be my little boy.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Gerard and I were talking about pre-school. You know me I have to talk the death out of something before I am okay with it. Right now our plan is for September unless I chicken out.

I so agree with you about them growing up so fast. I was looking at dresses for Easter and I just kept thinking I want her to be a baby just a little bit longer.
Joy

Laura said...

Oh, I would put money on it that you'll be a wreck. I had to go back to work after 3 months joined at the hip with Kristina and I bawled in the car and at home for about an hour after dropping her off. For you, it will be 1 1/2 years joined at the hip -- what a blessing to have that time!

It gets easier but the yearning to just stay home and spend as much time together is still there.

Wow -- coming up on one year already. Where does the time go?

~Laura :)

Amy said...

I'm playing catch up with my blogs... It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with Colby.

I remember when my 1st one went off to pre-school, I cried and cried. Thank goodness hubby spent the morning with me and took me out to breakfast and Wal-Mart to occupy those 3 hours.

I remember when my 2nd started pre-school, I cried and cried again. Hubby spent the morning with me again and we did the same thing as the 1st.

Now, my 3rd and 4th are on the verge of turning 3 and ready to start pre-school. But we've decided to keep them home one more year (late June b-days) so my crying will be post poned another year.

They do grow up so fast. Cherish every minute!!!