Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14

On this date:

Lat year: It was a long day. I was substitute teaching and the kids were being crazy. Mike was working with his dad. We had already updated all our paperwork, which included 2 papers on Christmas Eve. We were hoping to hear something very soon. When would the phone ring? When would we go? Mike came home and was starting dinner. Spaghetti. I decided to pass the time by checking emails and catching up on my fellow bloggers. Fellow blogger Joy had received great news the day before. Maybe we would be next. But it was already after 5 so I didn't expect anything. But there it was.... an email. We received an email stating that our court date was set for February 4th! Oh my gosh. My jaw dropped and I yelled for Mike. He read it and we couldn't believe it. Dinner was all but forgotten. We forced ourselves to eat and then ran down to his parents' house. We called my parents. The whirlwind of preperations began. We hadn't even decorated Colby's room. Thankfully my mom and sister had a baby shower planned for me within the next couple of days. We didn't have much.

Today: I spent the day with my little man. We played with his trucks and tractors. Mike came home and we all went to the bank to work on paperwork for Mike's business. Another change- Mike is taking over his Dad's remodeling business. Amazing! Now I am headed to tutor for a few hours. Then we are going to Mike's grandparents for dinner. Mike's Uncle Steven is coming from Utah for the weekend with his daughter Eva. Colby spent much of August with Eva and her brother Jack. So dinner tonight- probably pizza. Then I will cuddle with my little man and watch as he sleeps, totally in awe of how my life has changed within this past year. Wow!

3 comments:

Joy said...

I so remember all of that. How cool!
Joy

Christine and Stephen said...

Amazing the difference one year can make and how you can remember every detail so clearly when the news finally came!!!

Laura said...

Can you believe that it has been a year already??

I love watching K sleep and like you, just watch her with awe.

Life is good. :)

~Laura