Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Thursday, April 29, 2010

And They're In.....Glasses or No Glasses (edited new photos)

Ok. So what do you all think of my big boy now? We just picked them up today before dinner. So far, so good. He seems to like having them on. I did order a strap for them as they seem a little big and they keep falling down his nose. But I think my baby boy is all gone and my big boy is here. The "before" photos are from Colby's birthday. We had a nice family dinner and gave him a few presents. A Mater and a Lightning McQueen, "Cars" pjs, and a soccer ball. Saturday is the big family party with my family and Sunday pizza at Mike's grandparents'. Another busy weekend.
But tell me what you think! Is he handsome or what?
April 28. 2010 Happy 3rd Birthday Little Man!



April 29, 2010 First pair of glasses.


(Colby tried to block this photo but I love how it came out.)



After his new big boy haircut! Wow!


4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Hi there! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to talk to you about glasses. I'm loving Colby already... he and I share a birthday. :-) As for glasses, it was definitely a struggle. Two things really worked for us - not talking about it (i.e. not making a big deal about it and making it part of our daily routine; get dressed, brush teeth, put on glasses) and as we slowly easied him into it we used a "prize bag". We resorted to the prize bag after a LOT of struggling. I went to the dollar store and bought small things - toys, puzzles, crayons, etc... after leaving his glasses on for X amount of time, he would get something from the prize bag. Now, that being said, we were then able to transition the prize bag into something for when we had to patch his eye. Like Colby, Andrew has a weak/lazy eye which we are still working on. We had to patch his eyes for a certain number of hours each day. We found a GREAT patch that fit over his glasses from www.framehuggers.com. I HIGHLY recommend ordering 2 from them if you wind up down that path. Andrew would have nothing to do with the sticky patches. So, once he wore his glasses with issues and we moved to the patch we did the prize bag for patching.

I'm not a big proponent of rewarding something that is expected but when you're at your wits end, anything goes! :-) :-) :-)

Feel free to email me if I can help any more! Make sure they put the ear benders on the arms of the glasses so they stay on. Also, Walmart has great sunglass clips that are inexpensive and fit most glasses which helps during the summer.

One more thing... if your doctor decides that you need to patch, ask about atropine patching. It is a drop you can put in the strong eye which blurs the vision and forces the weak eye to be used. We're doing that now and it's much easier than patching. Andrew is still really trying to use his strong eye so I think next week I'll patch and do the atropine (because he'll peek over his patch).

My email is rjmixon@mhds.net if you want to chat further. Happy, Happy Birthday to your little guy and Congrats on your adoption!! :-)

Becky

P.S. Sorry for any typos!

Sharon and Patrick said...

Colby looks great!!

Laura said...

Oh....what a handsome boy you have there! He's getting so mature-looking with each set of pics you post. Definitely a thumbs-up with the glasses!!

~Laura :)

Malissa said...

Oh he is so big! He really does resemble Mike with his glasses. Very handsome little guy!