Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, April 12, 2010

What a Long Weekend

Well, thankfully this weekend is over. Perhaps we will get back to our routine now. I was not looking forward to this weekend much at all. I spent all Fri, Sat, and Sun at my grandparents' house at the estate sale. We lost my grandfather, Poppy, 4 years ago and just last Sept we lost my grandmother, Mamie. My mom has been busy, with the help of my Aunt Doone, to organize their house and horse farm for the estate sale since early Oct. I have helped when I could but it was a huge undertaking. The sale was Sat and Sun. We did ok but there is so much more stuff. I am not sure what will happen now. I think my mom and her brother and sisters are going to hold another sale in May. Not sure. Whenever it is though, I will be there to help. That is what my grandparents always taught me, to help family and friends whenever possible.

My grandparents had such nice things. Hummels, Norman Rockwell plates, beautiful rugs and furniture, and of course all the miniature horse harness and tack. Everyone who came through the sale was amazed at all the stuff. I hated to see it go. I hate to see the farm go. I have so many memories of that farm andmy grandparents and things we did together. It is hard to see things change. I wish that Colby could have seen Poppy. I know they would have been great buddies.


These two photos are of Colby with miniature horses at the Memorial Day Parades in Woodbury and Naugatuck last year. Poppy loved his horses. These horses now belong to my Aunt Doone.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I know that must have been hard for you. Try to remember all the wonderful memories you have...nobody can take those from you! Have a great week! :)

Laura said...

I was going to say EXACTLY the same thing that Jenny did. I haven't had to do something like this yet, thank God, but I'm such the sentimental/emotional type that someday it will be a very hard thing to do.

Blessings to you and treasure the memories that no one can buy from you!

~Laura