Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

We've Moved

I am sitting here at the computer in our new house and I still can not believe it. We did it! We have moved. It took a little prodding on my part, ok probably a lot of prodding but Mike agreed and we moved. We put our house on the market around Easter time and were pleasantly surprised when we got an offer. At the same time, Mike found a house that we liked. It was perfect timing. It was a long July packing and waiting on paperwork (a slight parallel to the lives we lived waiting for the adoption to finalize) but we made it through. We closed on our old house early afternoon and bought the new house a couple hours later.

The date was Aug 3rd and it was muggy and humid and totally hot outside. Thankfully we hired movers and they came in the morning. We had them hold our stuff overnight and the next day we were in. We still have rearranging, unpacking, and decorating to do. Mike already has plans to update the full bath and expand downstairs to make the kitchen and living room larger. Me, I have plans I'll sit on a little longer and then we'll see what happens. Maybe a little more prodding will be involved.

And now the fun begins. We registered Colby for Kindergarten! Yikes! Can he be that big already??? And I have to start getting back into work mode. Along with moving to a new house, I was moved to a new school for work. It was very unexpected and not something I am to happy about but the school I'll be at is nice and the staff is very friendly. But now I have to pack my office and set up a new one. Ugh! Thankfully we still have 2 weeks until school starts on the 27th.

So, here are a few moving photos. Once the house is a little more set up I'll post those picks. But feel free to come by and help us unpack!!








2 comments:

Joy said...

Melissa,
Very cool! I am so glad that you are getting settled. The house looks beautiful. It always takes me about 6 months to really feel at home. Once I do I get all excited over again pulling into the drive way.
Joy

Laura said...

Congrats, Melissa!! Once you get everything settled, take pics. You never know....you just may need them for a home study, eh? ;)

Best wishes to you all in your new home!

~Laura