Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy!

We have certainly been busy around here. Thankfully the weather has improved and it finally feels like Spring, early summer. On Saturday we went with Mike's parents to Lake Warmaug for a late afternoon picnic. They have a nice public picnic area as well as a camp ground. We brought Mike's Dad's two kayaks that he built. Colby wore his swimsuit for the first time and enjoyed playing in the water. It was a little cold but I waded in with him. He enjoyed being a "motorboat" as I splashed with him in the water and I was able to dunk him under a couple times. He loved that! He also enjoyed playing in the sand with the water/sand toys my brother Keith gave him. Unfortunately, in packing for the day, I forgot to pack the camera. We did get a few pics with Mike's Mom's camera but I need to borrow it to get the photos. I was even able to take 2 short clips of Mike and Colby in one of the kayaks. Colby loved that too but then decided he was "All Done" and tried to get out and almost tipped the kayak over. We will have to work on that and see how he likes our canoe.

On Sunday we went to my parents to celebrate family birthdays. It was my dad's and my nephew Keith's birthdays. Keith is also 2, my dad isn't! My brother Keith, little Keith, Kristing, Steve, Teddy, my parents, and us were there. Unfortunately my other sister and brother and their families couldn't make it. After lunch, I think the busy weekend got the better of Colby and he wanted to take a nap so I put him down. I was surprised at how easily he fell asleep somewhere different. We hadn't tried that before. After a nap, we put the sprinkler on for the boys. The water was so cold! Keith didn't like it much but Colby loved splashing everyone. After the party, Mike went to help Keith fix a friend's roof so I brought Colby home. It certainly was a tiring but fun weekend. I promise to post pics of Lake Warmaug soon, but here are a couple from my parents' house.


My brother Keith and his son Keith opening up presents.
My dad and Keith blowing out their candles.




Mike and Colby in the sprinkler.
"How does this thing work?"
And this baby bunny spent Sunday in front of our house. Colby loves looking at it. It seemed scared and wouldn't move all day. It is now gone, I just hope it's Momma is around to help it. Colby woke up this morning asking for the "bunnay".

1 comment:

Joy said...

Bunnies are so cool. I loved going in the sprinkler when I was little too.

Joy