Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cuddles

This week has been really good. Colby is learning so much and growing a lot. I almost forget he has only been exposed to the English language for just over 3 months! Wow!

Colby has also been much more affectionate this week. Twice for nap and once at bed time time he sat and rocked with me to fall to sleep. One day we ate lunch a little later than usual so it was nap time after he finished. After washing him up I took off his shoes. This is something I often do. I guess Colby knew it was nap time because then he said, "Nigh nigh." I told him yes it was time for his nap. He then said, "Rock, rock." I couldn't believe my ears. Just the day before he rocked with me in the chair before his nap. He had climbed into my lap and snuggled right in. So, I asked him if he wanted his crib or to rock with Mommy and he again said, "Rock, rock. Mommy." So we sat together in the rocking chair and rocked and he was soon fast asleep. What a great feeling. If only someone had a camera, but no one else was home. Colby looks so cute when he sleeps.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

What a precious gift you have in your little boy. That was a beautiful story to read about him cuddling with you. After reading Adrienne blog about the doubts of the birth mom, yours made me smile. Enjoy and love your son.

Jenny said...

I am glad to here that things are going well. There's nothing quite like hold your baby as he sleeps! I am so happy for you! I wish you many more times like this one.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Oh how very sweet! Lexi has never been one to rock to sleep in my arms, but she does let me comfort her that way sometimes. There's nothing in the world as precious as a snuggly, sleepy baby, in their momma's arms. It's wonderful that Colby trusts you so much and wants that closeness. I'm sure you treasure each moment.

Mama Fish said...

That is so sweet! Our small fry will let me rock him, but he seldom falls asleep in my arms anymore. I have to sneak in and pick him up while he is sleeping! But oh how precious those nights are when we are all by ourselves, the house is quiet and he is sleeping in my arms.