Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So Much To Do

This has been a quiet week. We actually spent the weekend at home and got some yard work done. Mike went and helped my brother Keith put on a new roof on Saturday so Colby and I stayed home. I was able to trim the bushes in our front yard. They were looking a little raggedy.
Today was finally sunny and warmer. Colby and I went to the park. He enjoyed the swings and the slides and even met a few little friends. One little girl he was playing with was really cute. They were close in age. At one point they held hands and were walking around the playground and went down the slide together. I think we have a lady's man on our hands! Too bad I didn't have the camera.

This weekend will be very hectic so I am trying to keep the week low key. On Saturday Mike and I have to go to Lakeville for my cousin Katti's wedding. It is about an hour and a half from here and the wedding is at 4:30. A little too far and too late to bring Colby. So, Colby will stay with my dad and my nephews Alex and Max. My mom and my sister Karin are going to the wedding with us. Although I am happy for my cousin, I am not looking forward to this. The longest Colby was away from us is 4 hours and afterward he was not a happy boy to be around. Mike's parents watched him while Mike and I went to dinner. They picked him up at 4 and came back at 8, for bedtime. We weren't home yet and I think that upset Colby a lot. He was clingy and fussy for two days afterward not letting me or Mike out of his sight. I am especially worried because this will be just after nap time and past bedtime. I don't know how he will react to going to bed somewhere other than home and without us. Good luck Dad! Hopefully with the boys around Colby will be too excited to worry about us.

On Sunday I have a baby shower to go to. Mike's brother David and his wife Jocelyn are expecting a baby girl at the end of July. My first niece! Mike's mom and I will go to the baby shower and all the guys will spend the day together, along with a family friend and his 3 grandchildren. Hopefully Colby will be in a good mood. The shower is for brunch at 11:30. I'm not sure what we will do in the afternoon. My mom and dad are heading to the Grand Canyon in their motorhome on Sunday so I won't be able to see my dad for Father's Day. But I bet Mike is really looking forward to some quality first Father's Day time with Colby.

In other news: My friend Jill and her husband Nick have been reunited with their son Nicholas in Ekat! They left on Saturday and I am so happy for them. She sent a photo and he is such a cutie! I can't wait until they come home and Nicholas and Colby can play together. Also, another friend Sharon and her husband Patrick leave for Russia today for their first trip. They will get to see their son for the first time in Bryansk. Safe travels and I can't wait to see photos of your little guy! Hopefully the three boys become fast friends. I know I love spending time with their mommies!


And: just a cute photo because I can never resist!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Good job on getting the bushes done! I desperately need to trim mine! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!