Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hockey

This Sunday Mike and I brought Colby to his first hockey game! We went to Hartford, home of the Wolf Pack, to watch an AHL hockey game. They played Providence Bruins. The Wolf Pack is the"farm team" for the NY Rangers and Providence is the farm team for the Boston Bruins. We all had a great time.



Ever since I can remember, I went with my mom and other family members to Hartford to watch hockey games. Back then we had an NHL team, the Hartford Whalers. I grew up with hockey. When the Whalers left, we kept the season tickets for the Wolf Pack. They are a pretty good team with up and comer players. A few years ago we stopped getting season tickets and I have only been to a handful of games since. But, now we brought Colby.


It was amazing to sit there and watch him experience something so new. The sights and sounds. It is very noisy and so much is going on. But, he loved it. We were there early enough to see the teams warmup and watch the zambonies clean the ice. We ate pizza and just enjoyed an afternoon together. And yes, the Wolf Pack won...in overtime!



This is just one of many new experiences I want to enjoy with Colby. They may be things I have done growing up, but with Colby everything is a new experience!

1 comment:

Laura said...

There is absolutely nothing more precious than experiencing a pasttime now through the eyes of your own child.

How fun --- and hockey! Definitely a very exciting sport!

~Laura :)