Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Big Boy

I am amazed at how big my little man is getting. There are so many things that he can now do that he couldn't do before. Today we went to the park and Colby was off and running. He was jabbering away with two little girls, playing follow the leader, and climbing up the slides. Yes, UP the slides. He was quite proud of that! And to think last year I had to hlep him climb the steps to get to the slide. He is now a little monkey!

Also, a couple months ago we went and registered Colby for the 3 year old preschool program. Wow! To think that in the fall, he will be going off to preschool. He is VERY excited about going to 'chool like Nessa, our neighbor. Anytime we drive by her school he says, "I go there, after later." How will we ever wait until the fall? I'm not so sure that I am looking forward to that day though.

Recently my sister Karin came up from Manhattan and brought us a few things that her boys had. I love getting hand me downs from the boys. The best item, besides the bike which Mike needs to put training wheels on, is a race car back pack. Alex and Max, me nephews, showed Colby how to put his books, pencils, and toys in the backpack and go to school. Now Colby drags it everywhere. He even decided to pack it himself and wear it to Mike's parents' house. With his baseball cap and backpack, he certainly looked like a big boy.... Where did my baby go?


5 comments:

Jenny said...

Matthew would LOVE that backpack! Cute pictures! :)

Mama Fish said...

He looks so big! I can't believe it. Tell me again how old he is? Small Fry is almost 3 1/2 , but he still has such a baby look about him.

Christine and Stephen said...

Love the backpack and he DOES look bigger from the last time we saw him!!!

I am hoping to find a 3yr old preschool for Roman in the Fall!!!

mvq said...

hi very interesting article thank you

Laura said...

How can this be Colby???? He's such a young man! Oh, if we could just slow time down just a bit so we could enjoy them as youngins alittle longer.

Cool backpack!

~Laura :)