Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

No Tears....Just a Big Boy

Well, today was the day. My baby boy became a big boy and went to cool (school). I can't believe it. He started the 3 year old preschool with our city today and will go every morning from 9-11:30. Yesterday we had a quick orientation day for about an hour so the kids could meet, see their classroom and teachers, and just play. The moms and dads filled out a couple papers and chatted with the teachers. But today was the big day.

I drove Colby to school after taking the mandatory few photos. We walked in and he said hi to everyone in the small building. We hung up his backpach and he was off. I had to ask him for my hug and kiss! He asked where I was going and looked a little sad but I just told him I was going home to do some cleaning and would be back soon. I got a "See ya Mom" a hug and kiss and that was it. "Bye Mom!". Boy was he ready for this. Me.....I brought books back to the library, went for my allergy shots, and finished laundry. The time went quick and then I was off to pick him up and we went to see Grandma Donna and Uncle Louie for our Tuesday lunch date.

I am thrilled Colby was so happy to be going to school, and I wouldn't want him to cry and cause a scene. But did he even miss me? When I picked him up the class was on the playground and I got, "Oh, you're here Mom?". No big hug and kiss. No missed you Mom. Nothing. Just "Let's go, see Grandma". Talk about a bummer. But, I guess I have a well adjusted little guy who loves being with people. He did well with school and his first sleepover at Grandma's last Friday. My baby is definitely growing up. Our next discussion: "I want the school bus Mom, not you." Yikes! Maybe next week........



2 comments:

Christine and Stephen said...

We head back next week ... Roman's first day of preschool and Max's first day back at daycare ... we shall see ... I think there will be a few tears because they've had so much fun at home but I know they'll be fine ... the bus is a big hit in our house too but Roman can't take the bus til he's 5!!!

Love the pictures!

Jenny said...

You have raised a confident, sweet young boy! I am glad he had a good first day! Cute pictures!