Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Snuggles

Today was such a great day. I'm not sure why but everything seemed less stressful and more fun. I had an interview in the morning so Mike stayed home to put Colby on the bus. I left after he ate breakfast and I got him dressed. When Colby came home he was in great spirits. He is loving that bus. We had lunch and he went down for a nap. About an hour and a half later he came out to the family room, climbed on my lap, and snuggled in for another half hour of sleep. I so miss those times when he would cuddle with me like that. Granted my arm fell asleep because he has gotten so big, but I loved that quiet time. We went outside and went on the swings and Colby rode his new bike for a little while. Mike's Uncle Steven sent it from Utah. It is a wooden Radio Flyer two wheeler without pedals. You sit on it and push with your feet while trying to learn how to balance. It is the wierdest bike I've ever seen but Colby is really getting the hang of it and can balance pretty good. Now I want to put the training wheels up a little on his big boy bike. Then while dinner was cooking we played an ABC game and just had fun.

As much fun as we had before dinner, boy did Colby find a way to get into trouble after dinner. He snuck candy off the side table after we had all just had some. This is a BIG problem we have found lately. Colby is starting to sneak things, especially food treats and candy. Not sure how to deal with this one. Then while Mike was trying to do some paper work, Colby brought out his crayons and markers and was supposedly sitting on the floor next to him coloring a paper but, nope, he colored the floor, the door to the basement, and part of the desk. Ugh! Thankfully I only have washable markers! I'm not sure how sucha great day went downhill so fast. I do know that the trouble started when the eye patch was put on. It seems Colby looses all control when he wears that. Not sure of the correlation, but it is true. Poor eyesight = poor self-control. Go figure!

Well, we ended the night with baking pretzles (after Colby dumped the yeast all over the counter). Melted butter and cinnamon topping always make things better, right?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Bless your heart! My mom tells me that one day, we'll miss even those hard times!