Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Ok. It's been awhile since i've had the chance to sit and write on here. I've been back to work for 3 weeks and can only now start to breathe. Things are going well, although the kids are quite noisy, but we have fallen into a routine. Colby began going to day care after morning preschool this past week. It makes for a full week for him and he is VERY tired by Friday. But he seems to enjoy it. And thankfully I can't seem to keep a book out of his hands, although he loves his Leapster that his cousins Max and Alex handed down to him.

So, we are over the Halloween chaos. Colby loved it this year. I'm not so sure he quite understood it last year, but this year he started in July with trick-or-treating and what he wanted to be. Last year I got to choose, a monkey it was. This year, his choice, but I was able to make the costume and I think that was the best part. I found the pattern, cut it, and sewed it. Mike's mom helped with sewing the fringe on. Then Mike, Colby and I put on the studs. What do you think?



First, we visited with Mike's parents, and his brother's family. Little Lizzie was an adorable little gnome. Then my brother brought Keith over for some trick-or-treating before we headed to our parents' house. We tried to make it an early night but we were home after bedtime, which resulted in a not quite so happy Colby this morning. Boy was he tired! But we all had a great time and perhaps, just perhaps, this Halloween thing isn't so bad after all.

5 comments:

Lindsey Carney said...

You did great on the costume! Glad things are falling into place.

Joy said...

I love it!!! I keep getting told that soon Anna will not wear the things that I want her to wear I hope I get at least one more year.
Joy

Lisa said...

He looks so cute!

- Lisa
www.bigtexhillfamily.blogspot.com

Sharon and Patrick said...

Great job so cute!

Laura said...

Whoaaaa...he looks great. Good job, Melissa! Maybe if I place my order early enough for next year, you can make Kristina's costume. he,he...

Love the pic where you or Mike have Colby lasso'd!

Glad to hear all is falling into place. :)

~Laura