Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Work, School, and a Little Bit of Fun



I guess I haven't been able to write lately. I have been very busy at work. I really am enjoying being back at work, especially in my new role. No longer the classroom teacher, I am able to actually work with more students and even help out my fellow teachers. Being the Reading teacher is something new, and being the Reading teacher within the reading framework where I work has been very interesting and definitely challenging. Everyday brings new challenges but also new hugs and laughs. The kids really are great, despite their little too-mature attitudes. And they crave attention.
We have hit a bump in the road though, Colby does not enjoy his daycare, and often tells me so. He seems to like the kids and his teacher, and I like where he is. However, I think he is having a hard time adjusting to being away for a full day. He attends a preschool program in the AM through the city's school. Mike is able to put Colby on the bus in the morning to preschool and they love that time together. Then after school he takes the bus again to his daycare. He loves the bus but it is a 45 minute ride. He's only at the daycare for about 3 hours but it does make for a long day. He says he can't sleep at daycare so he is certainly cranky afterward. And Colby tells me he cries a little at daycare because he misses us. Top that off with a child who fights tooth and nail not to wear his eye patch. Ugh! Thankfully that is only for about an hour. We have now decided to let him choose. Put it on in the morning before school and watch "Dino Dan" in the afternoon without it or wear it after school during "Dino Dan". The past two days he wore it in the morning. It worked out great! We'll see how things continue. I just hope we are doing the right thing. Me working is a definite plus but I miss being with Colby and I can see the change in him.

Ok. All I was going to write about was last weekend's fun. My Aunt Doone is a leader at her church. They held their annual church holiday fair. She had called and asked if I could help her out. She brings one of her miniature horses to the fair for buggy rides. While she was overseeing the fair, Colby and I did the rides. My cousin Chelsie and her boyfriend Mike also helped and took over for a while. While they were with the horse I went inside to serve popcorn but Colby wanted to still drive so he stayed with them. Later I went outside to ask Colby if he wanted lunch and found the buggy a little banged up and the horse tied up. Chelsie didn't look too happy. Sunny got away from her and took off down the hill toward Main Street. The smarty she is, she grabbed Colby out of the cart as it tipped over and they were both ok. Buggy and Sunny, a little banged up but all things important were ok. But overall, Colby was great all day and he had a blast with "his girl" Chelsie and his buddy Jaden.

Well, I promise some holiday photos soon, but here are a couple from the fair. Colby the buggy driver!

No comments: