Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Weekend

This weekend was a busy one. On Saturday I went shopping with my mom. Shopping is one thing my mom and I have always done togther. I can remember spending time going to the Meriden Mall with my mom on a Saturday ever since I was very little. Sometimes we went with just the two of us and other times we went with my Aunt Doone and her daughter Carmen. (We call my Aunt "Doone" but her name is Lorna. We have nicknamed her Doone or Doonie after the Lorna Doone cookies.) Mom and I went to the mall to get a birthday present for my sister-in-law Ally. Her birthday is Nov 1 but we are celebrating it and the October birthdays in our family this Saturday. After a little shopping, Mom and I went to visit Mamie, my mom's mom. It was nice to enjoy the afternoon together.

On Sunday, Mom, Dad, Mike, and I went to Mohegan Sun to see the Professional Bull Riders. This is something we have done for the past couple years. Mom and I really enjoy it the most I think. Mom bought the tickets for us for Mike's birthday. We enjoyed a nice fall car ride, looking at the beautifully colored leaves on the trees. When we got there we had lunch at "Johnny Rockets". My cheeseburger was pretty good but the onion rings were really good with the ranch dressing. Then in to see the bull riders. "The toughest sport on dirt." We had a great time. I love spending time with family so this was a great weekend. Hopefully we will have more great weekends to come, and hopefully soon we will share them with our son.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I keep checking in to see if there is any news! I've got my fingers crossed for you guys. :)

Hang in there,
~Laura