Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, October 6, 2008

Judges

I have heard many stories about both judges in Ekat, one being a woman, the other a man. I don't know either of their names. Some stories have been good, others not so good. To answer one question, Mike and I will be dealing with the male judge. I'd love to know his name, but I don't so he is simply known around our house as "that guy judge". I have heard that of the two, he is a little easier in court and not quite so demanding with odd paperwork requests but we shall see. I just wish he would look at our paperwork and tell us what he wants. I hate this waiting period. It was much easier to wait when I had something to do, but now it is out of my hands. I guess that is my controlling side coming out. Everything is out of my control and it really bugs me. I guess I need to put my patient side on a little longer.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Funny thing about the judges: we heard that the female judge handles the adoptions from families in the USA and the male judge handles the adoptions from all other countries. If you've got the male judge...good for you! :) We've been told, for sure, we will have the female judge. (I'll e-mail you her name just so you're "in the know".)

Either way, we will get through this no matter which judge is the one to deem us parents of our little ones! Hang in there!

Kathleen said...

Hey Melissa, I hope the time passes as quickly as possible and the waiting period for you two ends soon. I too have been trying to practice patience in my life recently and have found it is no easy task. Good luck to you both.

Anonymous said...

Dimitriev for juge male and soboleva for women

Murielle (france)