Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Free Time

I have noticed lately that I have much more time on my hands, free moments, especially at night. Up until last year, I was teaching and my nights revolved around correcting papers and checking lesson plans. Now my nights are free, as are my weekends. It has been nice being free but at the same time, it gives me more time to think. I'm not sure I like this thinking time. It has its ups and downs. I certainly have enough to think about. The adoption, my change in careers. I am still not sure what I want to do as a career. I know I need time away from teaching but I love working with kids. I love writing. I love taking photos. I love to bake and cook. But what should I do for a career? I hate not knowing. It seems like I have always known what I want to do "when I grow up", but now I don't. So much uncertainty is new territory for me and I am not sure I like it. For now, I take school portraits and every day is "Picture Day"! It is a fun job, certainly less stressful, but not quite something I can see myself doing forever. And my free time is taken up with spending time with Mike, playing with the dog, Misha, household chores, and a lot of online arcade games. My favorite of those has become "Cake Mania" and "Diner Dash". I have found that these games are often addicting. I also enjoy "Minesweeper", "Spider Solitaire", and "Solitaire". Perhaps some of you have some ideas for me. Any good hobbies or other activities to keep me busy? Any ideas for a new career? Hopefully some good news will come soon so I can use my time to update paperwork. I wish I knew what needs to be updated, I'd start on that right now.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hey Melissa. Reading your post I thought you might enjoy scrapbooking - I like photography and creative stuff too and scrapbooking can be something fun to immerse yourself in and a good distraction when you need it as well. As for career decisions, I think you are on the right track, just thinking about what you enjoy and what things interest you, the kinds of things where you do them you 'lose track of time' as they say. Good luck and keep me posted.