Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Dreary Week

What dreary weather we have had this week. It has been raining off and on most of the week. Hopefully it is supposed to stop and tomorrow should be nice but chilly. I guess fall is certainly here. The storms have taken most of the leaves out of the trees so tomorrow will be leaf racking day. Misha certainly makes this chore fun. She runs after the rake and dances in the leaves. It is rather cute watching an 80 pound black lab "dance" in falling leaves.

To go with the dreary weather, my family has had a set back this week as well. Wednesday my mom called to let me know that Mamie (her mom, my grandmother) was back in the hospital. They weren't sure what was wrong. Now we know. She has congestive heart failure. I went and visited her a few times this week. Tomorrow I think the hospital is deciding what to do. They have talked about sending her to a convelesant home but my mom and her siblings don't want that. I am not sure what would be better for her. I know that living alone at the farm isn't the answer though. I guess we will see tomorrow what everyone decides. I only hope that Mamie still has the strength to fight this and that she will still be around to see Colby come home.

On that front, we still ahve no updates on Colby. We know that most couples are waiting about 10 months or more inbetween trips. I guess we need to just sit and wait in limbo for the court to get its act in gear and get us back there. I just wish I knew what was going on. The unknown is the hardest part. That, and not having the power to help resolve the problems. Ugh.... So we still wait. And wait. And wait....

2 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I'm sorry things are so dreary for you right now. I know how hard the waiting and unknown can be. There's no easy way to get through it. Just focus on one day at a time. I hope your grandmother stays strong and wish your family all the best in making the difficult decisions facing them.

Laura said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have you, Mamie and your family in my prayers.

With sincere regards,
Laura