Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Sunday, November 16, 2008

More Waiting

Well, here we are now in the middle of November with Thanksgiving only a couple weeks away. In some ways, the year has gone by so fast and in others it seems to have taken forever. Was it really 5 months ago that we first saw Colby? It seems like only yesterday but yet it also seems like it happened ages ago. So much has happened that my head is still spinning and I can't find a quiet place to rest.

We still have no word from the Russian courts. I'm not even sure if the judge has looked at our paperwork yet. Probably not. Vica and Kim have no updates to give us either. I'd love to get a photo or at least a note telling me how Colby is doing. That would make this holiday a little more bearable. I'm just not sure how I'll get through the holidays knowing that Colby is not with us and is still in that orphange. That is not the place for any child to "celebrate" the holidays. I just want to hold him again and tell him how much he is loved. So many people are waiting for him to come home, especially his mommy and daddy.

In other news, Mamie is now in a nursing/rehab home. She was in the hospital a week and now expects to be in the home for about 3 weeks. She will come home for Thanksgiving though. That is good news. Thanksgiving without her and Poppy would be too much to bear. I'm not sure if she will stay home or what will happen after that. She seems so unsteady and she can't be alone. My once strong Mamie now seems so so little. It is a hard thing to see. I just hope that she will still be around to see Colby come home.

Well, I guess that is all the news, or lack there of. I hope to hear something soon.

No comments: