Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, March 23, 2009

An Amazing Weekend

What a whirlwind of a weekend this was. What started out as being a quiet, let's work on the yard weekend became a busy weekend for our little guy.

To begin with, on Friday Colby received some very important mail. His official certificate of citizenship came! It's official! Now we are just waiting for his Russian passport to come back from the Russian Embassy. We needed to send it to "register" him with the government. They want to know where he is living at all times. If we ever move, we need to reregister him with his new address.

We also received a phone call from my Ally, my sister-in-law. My mom was supposed to watch my nephew Keith but she has been battling a cold so she suggested to my brother Keith and Ally that Mike and I might watch him. So we did! He came over Saturday around 4 and stayed overnight until Sunday around noon. I was a little unsure how things would go with two little ones. Keith is just 2 months younger than Colby. They had only met once when we went to Mamie's birthday party. I was worried about how well they might play together, if they would share. I was also worried how Colby might react to Mike and me holding another little one. But, everything turned out great. They were a little apprehensive at first but soon became friends. They played with the MegaBlocks tool bench set, the stacking cups, and even the books. It was great for Colby to see Keith sit and "read" a book. Now he is starting to really show some interest in them. THe boys also played with my electric keyboard, playing some lovely music for us. Both boys ate well and there were no troubles going to bed. Although Colby woke twice during the night. He still does that about once a week, waking up crying, but then he will go back to sleep after I hold him for a couple minutes.

Both boys seemed to love climbing all over Mike. It was really cute. If one wanted to sit on his lap, both had to. This seemed to be the same for me when I sat on the floor with them. Colby did seem a little more "clingy" than normal. He wanted to sit with Mike or me and be held more than usual. I think it was just his way to reassure himself that we love him. I would hug him and tell him I loved him. That seemed to make him smile. This was a great socialization activity for both boys. I am so glad that they get along and seemed to enjoy playing together.

To end the weekend we had dinner with Mike's parents after our weekly grocery shopping trip. What a busy weekend for our little man. No wonder he was tired last night. I promise to post photos of our weekend, but I want to send them to Keith and Ally and ask them if I can post little Keith's photo first. So, pics to come! Keep a look out!

2 comments:

Laura said...

How wonderful that Colby got to spend the weekend with his cousin! I often wonder if our kids miss being with lots of other little ones since that is what they were used to for so long.

Can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like Colby is adjusting very well! :)

~Laura

Joy said...

That is a big weekend. I bet you loved every minute of it.
Joy