Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Friday, March 20, 2009

The Future

I can't help but wonder what the future might bring for Colby. Who knows what he will be like, what he might want to do, or what interests he might have. We still haven't had him with us long enough to truly know what he likes and dislikes. He still doesn't seem to have a favorite toy or activity yet. I do know that he likes the show "The Backyardigans" and he likes playing with the "daw". He has also started to show signs of really liking music. He loves when we play music for him and he will start to dance to any show with music, hence the enjoyment of The Backyardigans and The Wiggles.
A couple days ago Mike brought my old keyboard down from the attic. My mom bought it for me when I was in middle school, I think. It works really well for being that old. It plays different rhythms and you can change the sound the keys make. I think it has about 100 different sounds. Colby seems to really like playing with it. He played it this morning for about 45 minutes with Mike and I there. I can play some simple songs on it and Colby likes to listen to them. So, maybe we have a budding musician on our hands.... What do you think?
And yes, Misha likes music too!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Did you get any information on the birth parents interests? That might give you an understanding on some of colby's developing interests. He looks so comfortable in his new loving home.

junglemama said...

Colby is just adorable!

Readoption is not very hard, but not all states are the same. Some just require an application, others like ours require a court hearing. If you are interested I would be willing to help you look into it in your state. I have done all five of our readoption myself without a lawyer.

Nicole Brueck said...

Looks like you have a budding musician on your hands! He is such a cute. I often wonder when I look at Ryan what he will be doing in a few years.
Thanks for your comements-this was a really hard week, but I made it through it.

Laura said...

Hey, K and Colby can have jamming sessions together as K got a keyboard at the shower at my parent's in FL last November! It's sitting in her room waiting for her...and any other little musician friends!

He's looking so much more of a big boy compared to when you first brought him home. Just shows what a nurturing environment can do for a little one.

~Laura

Beth said...

Looks like you have a musician on your hands! Not sure if it is the same in all Ekaterinburg baby homes, but I know in our son's baby home they had music class - even at a young age. Luca loved(the Wiggles were a huge hit when he first came home)and still enjoys music to this day. Colby is just adorable, so glad things are going well.