Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Trip to Lake Winnepasaukee

Mike, Colby, and I took our first overnight trip as a family. We went to New Hampshire to Lake Winnepasaukee. I have been going there since I was a little kid. My mom's parents have a house there right on the lake in Alton. Now my parents have a house right down the street from Mamie and Poppy's. So I was thrilled to bring Colby there over the July 4th weekend. We left on Thurs and came home on Sunday. The weather wasn't the best but we had great company. My sister Kristin, her son Teddy (age 13), and her boyfriend Steve as well as my brother Keith and his son Keith (age 2, just 2 months younger than Colby) went up there too.

We had a great time just relaxing, watching a few thunderstorms go by, and playing cards and dominoes. The thunderstorms are really neat to watch develop on the water. The water stops flowing into the bay and starts to flow out to the lake. The lake is huge and the storms blow up white capped waves and the wind was howling. The storm stayed off to our left but we could see the rain and lightning. Pretty cool stuff.
The boys had a lot of fun together. Colby and Keith really hit it off and played really well together. It was nice to have another little one around to keep Colby busy. We were able to chat with my sister and brother and just catch up. Colby loved the water but Keith wasn't so sure. My little water bug even threw a fit when we took him out. Ugh! So, enjoy a few photos....I certainly took plenty!


Teddy's big catch, a 16 1/2 inch small-mouth bass.
Aunt Kristin and Colby playing in the water.














Colby and Keith making/destroying sand castles.
Colby the water bug. Look at that little belly.














Uncle Keith, Colby, and Keith making sand castles.
Colby and Keith sharing baseball hats.
Two cute kids.....Colby and Keith.

4 comments:

Christine and Stephen said...

Great pictures Melissa! I love Lake Winnepasaukee ... haven't been there since I was a kid! Looks like Colby had a great time with his new cousin and he really does love the water - that's great!

Jenny said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Love the pictures!

Laura said...

Great pictures of great family times.

Love the belly --- Kristina has one to match!!!

~Laura :)

Beth said...

Hello, Love the pictures!! I have not been to Lake Winnepasaukee for a long time. We go to Old Orchard Beach in Maine where the ocean water is freezing but Mattie loves it. I hope Jake will be a beach bum like his big brother and his mom.