Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Boy was this a busy weekend. I'm not sure we have recuperated from it yet. Friday we went with Mike's parents to Lake Waramaug. Aunt Trisha was home for the weekend and she came too. We had a nice picnic and enjoy some wonderful sunshine. Aunt Trisha brought Colby for a ride in the kayak. Mike caught a small fish and it scared Colby when it jumped out of Grandpa's hands toward him. Colby enjoyed "casting" his fishing pole with a bobber on it. He actually did very well.

Saturday Mike and I had a family wedding to go to so Colby spent the day with my parents. They brought him to an airshow where he was able to sit in different planes and see them fly. He had a blast! They also went to my Aunt Doone's to get the miniature horses ready for the parades on Sunday and Monday.

Sunday we had the Woodbury parade. It is a small parade but Colby enjoyed it. Once again he sat with cousin Corbin in the surrey. I drove Willy in the small driving cart. Part way through the parade, Colby sat with me and wanted to drive too. We both held the reigns for a little while but soon I heard, "No Mommy! I do it mineself!" Thankfully Aunt Doone was leading Willy so Colby was able to drive! He was so proud of himself.

Monday was the early day. We had the Naugatuck parade. Corbin and Colby were in the surrey again. The Naugatuck parade is very long so Mommy and Daddy got lots of exercise. After a little nap at home, we went to my Uncle Lou's for a picnic. Colby enjoyed playing with the other kids. It was a fun, but tiring weekend!

Unfortunately, the only day Mommy remembered the camera was on Sunday. My parents did take photos at the air show, which I hope to get soon. But for now, here's a few from Woodbury.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ahhh, looks like you have a wee independent one there, too! Kristina always says, "No Mommy - Tina do it!"

Looks like a fun weekend...now time for a vacation, eh?

~Laura :)