Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Sunday, August 10, 2008

On the Right Track, Can it Go Quicker?

Well, I guess we are on the right track and getting somewhere, but can the train move quicker? Mike and I received the first half of our required documents back from the state where they were apostilled. They arrived on Thursday 8/7. What a great Thursday! One of the documents wasn't apostilled though because the twon hadn't notarized it. So Mike had to go back downtown and get a new document and argue to get it notarized. But it is done. We have been waiting on the state for the doctors' license verifications but they weren't sent. I am told they went in the mail on Thursday as well. Hopefully the psychologist is working on our letter and a copy of his license. Then we just need to get the financial paperwork done. We seem to be moving close but yet the end is still not quite in reach. I do know that once we hand in these documents that the judge will ask us to update many of them, but to know we completed them would be great. HOpefully we can say that we are done within a week or so. I just wish it would be sooner. Many people have said that I got the paperwork done fairly quickly. I say no. I have had to wait on too many people to do things for me. I just wonder how other couples get their paperwork done if both of them are working. I guess it has been helpful to be home to trek off to 2 or 3 doctors a day to get followup paperwork.

Other than paperwork, Mike and I have been working on the house. We finally bought drapes for the front room as well as an area rug for that room. Today we found a cute rug for Colby's room at BJ's. So I am happy with that. We also had to buy a new computer. Our old one was about 6 or 7 years old and running tired. It would take me forever to get onto the internet and open our adoption files. We just bought a new tower and kept the old monitor which works well. I hope to clean out the old computer and hang onto it for one of my nephews or for Colby. We'll see how it runs without most of the programs we use, just the basics. We also bought a new printer but it also copies, scans, and is a fax machine, which is something we have been using more often lately to get paperwork from doctors and different companies like the mortgage and car loan companies. So we have had a busy couple of days.

Today we are getting ready to have my friend Dawn and her family, Craig, Seth, and Casey, over for dinner. Just hamburgers, hot dogs on the grill. I met Dawn and her kids when I started teaching. I even taught her daughter in second grade. Now Seth is starting high school and Casey is in 7th grade. Boy, how times goes by. Well, I must check on my macaroni for the macaroni salad.

Thank you to all who are following our journey. I can't believe we actually had 2 international "hits". Cool!

No comments: