Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Modest YEAH!

I can't believe that my work, tears, and arguments have actually culmunated in the paperwork getting completed. Yup! It is done. The 24 documents have been signed, notarized, apostilled, and copied. They are going to FedEx right now to the agency. They'll have it tomorrow morning. Our deadline was 12/12 and they will get the paperwork on 12/10. YEAH! One big step forward.

We will now wait and see what happens. The agency and the coordinators in Russia are still trying to get our court date in late January. However, before we can go: our documents need to go to Moscow to get translated, then they need to go to the judge and he needs to review them, the judge needs to get all of Colby's documents from however is collecting them, everything needs to be up to date and organized, and it all needs to happen before the judge goes on his vacation in late January. Ugh! I'm not sure Mike nor I have had that much good luck ever. But, we will keep our fingers crossed, try to update a few more papers that I'm sure he will ask for, and just hope. I am not going to get my hopes up too high though. Everything has been such a struggle that I am sure we won't go until almost March. I don't want to be disappointed. If we go in January, that will be a big surprise. So, keep your fingers crossed for us and we will continue to WAIT and SEE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEEEEAAAAHHHHH! I'm impressed with how quickly you got your stack of paperwork done! Not an easy job....
Praying for a speedy judge!!!
Jody Garber

lh said...

Good news! I'm sure you're relieved and it's great that you can enjoy the Christmas season without worrying about documents. I know the wait will be tough but it's good because maybe the season will go quickly for you as there will be so many distractions!

Laura said...

Whooooo-hoooooo!! I commend you on your diligence ~ I know it will pay off. OK -- fingers are crossed for you. Now go relax. I agree with Lori - I think the holidays will be a hectic time to help pass the time away.

Good job!

~Laura

Joy said...

Oh that is such great news. I will pray for January for both of us. What a great feeling you must be feeling nowing that everything is on its way.
Joy