Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Waiting...Again and Jobs

Well, Mike and I were able to get all of the paperwork completed. Our deadline was 12/12 and the agency had it all on 12/10. We did have to go back and get another marriage certificate but even that was at the agency on 12/12. I was quite pleased with getting that all done. But, when I am given a deadline, I do everything and anything that I can to meet or exceed that deadline. Now we wait some more.....

Vica had mentioned that we might get an update soon. But we haven't heard anything yet. I'd like to email her and ask her when we might hear something but then again I don't want to bug Svetlana to get an update if she is trying to sort through our paperwork for the judge. We were told that we might go for court in late January. That is a slight possibility but everything would have to be perfect for us to go then. I think it will probably be later, like March. I hope not though. In the mean time, I am updating the medical paperwork because I know that the 8 medical doctor form will expire in February. Ugh! I hate chasing doctors for signatures.

Other than that, I am debating on what to do next on the job front. Lifetouch has now stopped taking school portraits until about March or so. Therefor I am not currently employed. I don't trully want to, but I guess I will sign up to substitute teach. That's a daily pay but in this city, I am almost guaranteed to work every day. I'm not sure if I want to go back into the classroom after last year but I don't know what else I can do. Most jobs, I am told I have too much education for or not the right experience. It sucks. I'd love to try something new, but I don't know what.

So, that is the update for now...as much as it is. Hopefully we will hear more soon. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments: