Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Long Wait

Ok, I thought that waiting for a referral or waiting for a court date was long, but this wait seems much longer. I am glad that we stayed in Russia for the 10 day waiting period but now it's time to go home. Our 10 day period is actually up tomorrow, Valentine's Day but that is a Saturday. We will actually pick Colby up on Tues to get all the documents we need for his passport and the plane tickets to Moscow. We will fly out to Moscow on Wed night once his Russian passport is ready. I guess it takes a day for that to go through.

Luckily it is much warmer now. Not Springlike but not frigid cold either. Above freezing! The past few days Mike and I have spent just walking around the city enjoying the warmer fresh air. The apartment gets very stuffy since there is no way to control the heat. We did go see Colby on Monday and had hoped to go today but I don't think we will. Svetlana is busy with chasing our paperwork and paperwork for 2 other couples. They arrive on Monday and have their court dates on Friday.

Some good news, Laura has heard that her paperwork is almost set and she should be coming to Ekat to get her little girl in March. Hang in there Laura! You're almost here!

Other fun facts: Mike and I saw a variety of animals at the city zoo. We saw the typical lions and tigers and bears (on my). Even a Siberian tiger. We also saw mallard ducks. To go to the zoo to see ducks! And yesterday we got to watch the UCONN men's basketball game. They beat Syracuse. No girls games, but they did show the end of the game when Pat Summit's girls got her 1000 win. Good job Pat. Not that I am a Tenn fan at all. Don't worry mom. I have been lucky enough to find ESPN America so I have gotten to watch a lot of men's college basketball and NHL hockey.

Imagine going all the way to Siberia to see mallard ducks, UCONN men play basketball and Boston play hockey. Oh well, what a trip...

2 comments:

Joy said...

One time when I was traveling in Germany I had heard about a fire that was set by an arsonist on CNN in a small town just north of where I live. The not so funny thing was the thought that ran through my head was I wonder if that was so-n-so's son that did it. You guessed right it was him.

I can not wait to see a picture of you little man.
Joy

Laura said...

Glad to hear that the weather is improving and that you're able to get out and about. Remember every detail -- I'll be picking your brain soon enough!

Hugs to the little man,
Laura