Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, February 16, 2009

One More Night

Well, tomorrow is the day. We are leaving here in about 12 hours to start the mad paperwork dash for Colby's Russian Passport and the plane tickets to Moscow. And we should be at the baby home in Kamensk around 1:30PM to get Colby. I can't wait. Finally this is coming to an end.

I am not sure what I am feeling right now. Excited, nervous, anxious. Every emotion rolled up into one. I doubt Mike nor I will sleep much tonight. Mike barely has lately. Sleep isn't much fun anyway. The bed is a platform bed, very hard with NO bounce and the pillows are terrible. Mike got stuck with a feather pillow which seems to have lost its fluffiness. We are more than ready to head to Moscow and then home.

The total unknown is how Colby will react when we take him out of the baby home. He hasn't really been out of there at all in his life. Certainly a car ride and then a plane ride on Wed will be new experiences for him. Svetlana is worried about him getting car sick. I guess many of the kids do. I don't think he will, but we will see.

So many new experiences to go through, I am more than ready to start this portion of our lives but also a little nervous too. I only hope that I can be as good of a mom as my mom is.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, within 2 hours, you'll have Colby! Everyone on this side of the ocean waits in anticipation for your post "we are a family!" with pictures, too!

Enjoy this anticipation -- the labor is almost over. You're going to be an wonderful mom and dad!

Hugs,
Laura

lh said...

I think it's 3:30 AM there so you're probably awake with anticipating! I wonder if you're staying at the same flat we stayed at. The bed in the room was so hard I had to pad it with other blankets! The beds in Moscow were a welcome relief! Moscow was a mad rush for us and the "storm" didn't subside until we were home. It is all so surreal but once you're home I know everything will fall into place! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to read the family posts!