Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ok...The Wait is Over

Well, we finally made it. I sit here is Moscow and my little man is taking his nap. I can't believe it. We were a little nervous about the plane ride and Colby possibly getting sick but he did really well. He enjoyed looking out the window until we were ready to take off and then he fell asleep. Yup, you read that right. He actually fell asleep on take-off and didn't wake up until we had to wake him up to get off of the plane. Amazing!

So, everyone has enjoyed reading my blog but I know what you all have been waiting for so here they are!

Welcome Colby Michael!


















And yes, we enjoyed our French Fries at McDonald's in Moscow. The picture to the left is right as we were leaving the baby home is Moscow. Doesn't he look adorable?

Amazing! We finally did it! We meet with the U.S. Embassy tomorrow at 2 PM. Then we start the journey home at 2PM on Saturday. I hope once my guys wake from their naps that we will head across the street to Red Square.

17 comments:

Grandma Sherl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I've been following your blog and so happy you are a family of 3. Your pictures are darling of Colby. what an angel. Enjoy! God is Wonderful!

Nicole Brueck said...

Oh my gosh what an awesome thing to wake up to this morning. What a beautiful son! I am just over the moon for you!

Anonymous said...

COngrats..He is a doll baby.. Glad your wait is over.. my daughter leaves this weekend for Moscow to meet her baby and my nerves are on edge.. again CONGRATS.. and hurry home to your family with that baby..

Kellie said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable! Safe travels home!

Rich and Jolynn said...

What a Cutie Pie! Such fantastic news! Thank you so much for sharing everything. We are so very happy for you all! Congratulations!

Jolynn

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I have been lurking for a while and I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you that your time has finally come! Congratulations!

Kristine

Lindsey Carney said...

I've been watching everyday for these! He is so adorable. I think I could cry right now our memories are so fresh and knowing what you are going through...all these emotions at once! The plane ride home... I think I've told you this before but I just kept reminding myself, it's only 17 hours out of our life, it'll be over soon whether it's good or bad! I'll be praying for you guys.

MtnGirl said...

WOW! He is adorable! I hope your trip home goes great. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome. Enjoy!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Melissa, he has the most beautiful eyes and cutest grin. He looks so happy! Oh, and the hat, ADORABLE! My favorite photo is of him sleeping. Such an angel!

Laura said...

Melissa: I checked your blog before going to bed last night and like Nicole, I was sooo happy to see first thing this morning an update of your blog WITH photos!! He's beautiful, he's adorable, he's YOURS!!!

Continued blessings,
Laura :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's finally with his forever family, GOD IS GOOD! Rejoicing with you & looking forward to hearing(& seeing!)more as you walk this incredible path! He's gorgeous...you're in our prayers.

Joy said...

Oh he is so handsome!! I can not believe how cute he is!! I bet you are loving every minute.
Enjoy your little man.
Joy

lh said...

He is beautiful! He looks so healthy too. Congratulations again and I hope he does as well on the last leg of the journey!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! Isn't it a great feeling to finally be able to say he is yours?! Praying that the plane ride home goes well and that you catch all your flights....we missed our last connection and had to spend the night in the airport waiting on the next flight...with two children who were determined to not go to sleep!!! Not fun at the time, but now provides some good laughs! Enjoy it as much as you can!
Jody

AdoptaMama said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!! He is adorable! Hope things are going well! How wonderful!

Shane & Marie said...

Congratulations! Colby is absolutely adorable. Cherish every moment.