Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, April 6, 2009

Becoming a Big Boy

This weekend our family made a HUGE step toward Colby being a big boy. Mike and I had a "date" with the Easter Bunny on Sunday so we decided it would be a good time for Colby to visit with my parents and have us leave him for a little while. I know that it has only been 6 weeks since we brought Colby home but I think this was a necessary step. He certainly knows we are Mommy and Daddy and we are the ones who take care of him. This weekend seemed a good time to see how he might react to having us leave him, just for a little while.

So, after our morning routine we drove to my parents around 10:00. We had already brought Colby there the weekend before for a quick visit so he knew the house and the dog, Patches. We stayed for a little while to get him settled and then Mike and I left. I was a little nervous but I think it was a good thing to do. We drove to meet the Easter Bunny and had a quick drink at McD's. We were back at my parents by 12:30. Not only did we meet with the Easter Bunny and get Easter settled but we were able to get things for Colby's birthday on the 28th. So Mommy and Daddy had a productive day and some much needed time alone and Colby had a great time with his grandma.

I was very happy to see that Colby was very excited to see us when we returned. He was playing with my mom but stopped to say hi to us. He even came over and gave me a hug and kiss. What a treat. So, I think this was a good experience all around. We didn't leave him for long and he really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Nicole Brueck said...

It is so hard to leave them isn't it? Glad the attachment is going so well! He sure is a cutie pie!