Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, April 13, 2009

Our First Easter!

What a busy weekend we had. Mike and I were a little worried how Colby would handle our hectic Easter schedule, but he was a real trooper. A little cranky today and very tired but he had a blast.

Mike's sister Trisha and her husband AJ were here from Cleveland. It was their first meeting with Colby. We had a quick imprompto pizza party on Friday night to celebrate. Aunt Trisha and Uncle AJ presented Colby with his birthday present.

On Saturday we celebrated Easter with Mike's Dad's family. We really luck out with that. His family is very large and in order to have everyone together they had long since decided to do Easter and Christmas the day before. So, we got dressed up and went to Grandpa and Gram's house down the street. Colby enjoyed his first Easter Egg Hunt there. A quick indoor one due to the rain.

Then Sunday we celebrated with my mom's family at Mamie's house. First we went to church though. Another new experience for Colby. He did really well sitting through the service without any fuss. He even entertained the elderly gentlemen sitting behind us. The celebration at Mamie's was right at nap time so Colby didn't have his nap, another new experience. I was worried he would be cranky but he had a great time. We had another Easter candy hunt and Colby had his first ride on a miniature horse. My grandfather, Poppy, was the ultimate cowboy. I am sure I have mentioned him in previous blog entries. When I was growing up he had 3 horses. He taught me how to ride at an early age. When I went to college, Poppy started his miniature horse farm. At one time he had almost 200 miniature horses and Shetland ponies. Now that he has pasted away, most of the horses are gone but there are a few left on the farm. Colby rode on one of them. It was a slightly bittersweet moment. I wish Poppy could have seen him. But Colby had a great time and looked so cute. I really do need to find him a cowboy hat.

Well, here are a few Easter photos. Enjoy!
Here I am with Aunt Trisha and Uncle AJ.
Playing baseball with Grandpa on Saturday. Thankfully the rain stopped.
My first Easter Egg Hunt. Did I get them all?

Easter morning. Where did this candy come from? My basket was empty last night!

Don't I look grown up?
Playing with my cousins. Teddy is on the bottom and Max is on the top.

Enjoying a Jello Easter Egg with Mommy's cousin Stacy.

Horse kisses with Mommy.

Riding my first horse. Where's my cowboy hat?

A roll in the grass. Hunting Easter candy is hard work.
Rolling in the grass with Mommy.

Enjoying chocolate with Daddy. Yum Yum!

7 comments:

Lindsey Carney said...

Oh yes, definitely needs a cowboy hat! How did he like the horses? He is too cute!

Nicole Brueck said...

Oh my how cute!!!!

Looks like he had a great Easter!

Joy said...

It sounds like you had a great day. I would love to ride horses. I know there are a couple of places close by that have lessons.
I think that is something to look into.

Thank you so much for the donation.
Joy

Anonymous said...

Love these photos. You all all are doing remarkably well for a new family. Keep up the good work.

Joy said...

I was showing my friends at work Colby's pictures and they want to know Can we borrow a pony for her first birthday party home??

Joy

They think he is too cute.
Joy

Amy said...

Looks like Colby had a GREAT Easter!!!

Laura said...

Ha -- finally I'm catching up on posts from the last 2 weeks. Wow -- Colby is looking so handsome on Easter. What a big boy!

Love ALL the pics!

~Laura