Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fun With Auntie Karin and Our Anniversary

Just when I thought the excitement from Easter was over, Colby and I had another busy day. My sister Karin had come from NYC with her two boys for Easter and we all went to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch on Tuesday. So, another busy day with no nap. I have come to the conclusion that naps are REALLY important. Colby did really well on Tuesday but was pretty cranky at night. But, we are back on track and doing well.


Colby on the small carousel.
Grandma, Colby, and Aunt Karin.



My sister Karin lives in NYC with her husband Jeff and their 2 boys, Max is 7 and Alex is 5. I don't get to see them too often so it was really nice to have the afternoon with them. Karin and I haven't always gotten along. She is 8 years older than I am and we had very different experiences growing up. My mom married her dad when I was 4 and she was 12. At that time, her dad actually adopted my brother Keith and I and he became my dad too. I was so little I don't remember everything but I do know that Karin decided to live with her mom. We are sisters but I wish we were closer than we are. Hopefully with the boys we will get together more often and build a much closer relationship.


The whole gang! Aunt Karin, Max, Alex, Colby, and Grandma!
Max and Alex. What hams!




Anyway, Karin, Max, Alex, my mom, Colby, and I all went to Chuck E. Cheese. It is a pizza place down the street from our house that has a lot of arcade games. The big boys loves the games and Colby went on the little car rides and carousel like they used to have in front of supermarkets. Everyone had a great time. I am so glad we could get together. Hopefully we will see them again in a couple weeks for Colby's birthday party.


My first sip from a straw!
Sharing Cinnamon Sticks with Grandma!



Mike and I also celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on 4/15. Yes, Tax Day! When we got married I was teaching and I wanted to plan the wedding in the Spring around our Spring vacation. It also happened to be the day before Easter. So much has happened to us in just 3 years. Some Very good, some not so good. But I am so happy knowing that I have Mike by my side to experience it all with. I am very lucky to have him love me, and to be able to love him in return. Here's hoping for many more years together!

Speaking of wedding anniversaries, a fellow blogger also celebrated her anniversary. Laura and her husband, John, are celebrating their anniversary today, 4/16. They are currently in Ekat for their court date and celebrated by seeing their daughter, K, today! Congrats Laura and John. Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey, thanks for the anniversary wishes, Melissa!! It was a really wonderful anniversary and I can't wait to share pics of K with you soon.

Colby is a cutie pie....love all the pics.

Today (4/19) is Easter here in Ekat so Happy Easter!!!

Big hugs,
Laura

Happy belated Anniversary...we literally slept through your big day as that is the day we arrived in Ekat!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
I hear ya about the naps. The past couple of weekends have be crazy here which lead to crazy Mondays and Tuesdays. So this weekend I am doing a little "experiment" regular schedule this weekend, NO missed naps. Hoping this results in a happy Monday for our boy Bibby.