Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, May 4, 2009

Build-A-Bear With Aunt Jan and "Daddy" George

This Sunday Mike, Colby, and I went to Build-A-Bear with my sister-in-law Jan and her dad "Daddy" George. I have known Jan since I was little. She was one of my dance instructors and then when I was in high school she married my brother Chris. Now not only is she my friend but my sister too! Cool! Her dad is like another dad to me so I have always called him Daddy George. To lessen confusion, I guess we'll have Colby call him Uncle George.

Anyway, Jan and George couldn't make it to Colby's birthday party and wanted to do something special with him. Jan loves Build-A-Bear, as do I, and she wanted to bring Colby there for his first time. Unfortunately Colby was a little cranky and did have a temper tantrum in the store. He noticed a toy stroller with a bear in it and he began "driving" it around the store, saying "Vroom, Vroom" the whole time. When Mike and I took the stroller away he had his fit. I ended up taking him out of the store for a couple minutes to calm down. That seemed to help a little.

Colby loved looking at the stuffing machine, when it wasn't on, and the nice lady let him put a heart in his animal and one in its bookbag. He picked out a turtle and its bookbag is its shell. It is really cute! After stuffing the turtle Jan and Colby took it for its bath. Colby loves brushing his own hair and the turtle got a good brushing too. That is when Colby saw the stroller near the back of the store and the temper arose. I felt terrible for Jan and George. They had looked forward to this outing for weeks and his temper tantrum really put a damper on it.

I don't think Colby understood the "dressing" part of this activity and he was getting frustrated. But Auntie Jan found him his own stroller and we out Colby's turtle in it. Then he was happy, although I do know a few people got bumped into and/or run over. But Colby wheeled his turtle, now named Present but referred to as Turtle, out of the store and into the mall. He enjoyed pushing the stroller in the open areas of the mall. After walking around a little we all went to The Rainforest Cafe. Some of Colby's temper might have been that he was hungry. He ate his lunch all up and even some of mine! He loved the monkeys when they came to life and we had a great lunch. So, the outing ended on a good note. I really hope Daddy George and Jan had a good time. We will have to do it again soon.

Here are some cute photos of our outing and Colby with Turtle:

Turtle is stuffed! Thank you nice lady!
Time for a bath. Thank you for helping Auntie Jan.

At home with Turtle. Poor Turtle got a rough ride in his stroller.
Taking a nap with Turtle. Too cute!

3 comments:

Lindsey Carney said...

That is sooo cute him taking a nap with his turtle

Sharon and Patrick said...

Very cute pictures. I am glad your day ended on a good note.

Laura said...

Ahhhh, the turtle is cute and Colby cuter. He wouldn't be a 2 yr. old without a little tantrum, eh? Can't wait for our first one...or maybe we can!!

~Laura :)