Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day as a mommy. Wow! I wasn't sure if I would ever make it there. But, I have!

Mike and Colby surprised me with a big card with dogs on it. Colby loves dogs. When you open the card it sings, "You Make Me Want To Shout!". It is too cute. Mike had Colby scribble on it. He is just starting to play with his crayons and markers. Then Colby helped Mike make Belgian waffles with chocolate chips, one of my favorites. We spent the morning visiting with my grandmother, Mamie. She lives with my Aunt Linda and her family not far from us. My cousin Heather also lives there with her 9 year old son Corbin. Colby loved visiting with Mamie and playing with Corbin. We came home in time for a quick lunch and nap time. Mike and I spent nap time planting the flowers that he bought me for Mother's Day/my birthday. I had picked out a few more perennials and a bunch of annuals. We will also plant some vegetables, but I love flowers. After nap time we visited with Mike's grandmother, Nana, and had dinner with Mike's parents. Unfortunately, my mom and dad are away at Myrtle Beach until next week so I couldn't see her on Mother's Day. But we did talk on the phone.

So, overall the day went well. Colby enjoyed visiting everyone and seemed to have a good time. It was a nice day.

I hope all mothers and mothers-to-be had a wonderful Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Sharon and Patrick said...

Glad you had a nice first Mother's day with Colby.. :)

Malissa said...

Happy Mother's Day. What a nice day after all that paperwork, court , travel. I always look back at "this time last year". Wow! is all I can say.

Rich and Jolynn said...

Happy Mother's Day (belated) Chocolate chip Belgian waffles made by your two favorite boys sounds perfect. That is a priceless treat.

Lindsey Carney said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Yah for all us first time Mother's Day mom's, isn't it awesome!!