Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Friday, May 15, 2009

Thank Yous and and Update

I can't thank everyone enough for the kind words, words of wisdom, and support that I received from my last post. Many people left a comment and many more emailed me. It is amazing to realize the amount of support that we can receive from a blog. It is one thing to try and explain how I feel to my family and friends but they haven't gone through what I have, and many of you have. Just knowing that my emotions have been experienced by others makes me feel better.

Now for an update: Colby continues to learn more and more every day. He has started to speak in 2-3 word phrases, other than his favorite "No, no bad dog!". Now his favorite thing to say is "All done.". It is rather cute because he alsmost sing songs it to us. We are noticing a growth in his independence as well. He certainly knows what he wants and when he wants it. Some frustration does arise because he can't always express himself clearly, but not for a lack of trying. He is VERY vocal, holding complete conversations with us and everyone else. There is true meaning behind what he says, I just wish I knew what it was.

As for the bonding: There are ups and downs. Just the other day Colby seemed to only want me. Then the next day it was Mike he searched for. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I think he is still trying to sort out who we are and what a "family" is. A new concept for him that will probably take awhile. Right now Mike is Dada and I am Mama but I'm not sure he knows what that means. It will come. Patience is needed and we need to remember that it has only been 3 months since we came home. Sometimes I forget and think he has been here forever!

Another update: My fellow bloggers Laura and JD have just left Ekat. They were there for almost 4 weeks. But they left with their daughter on May 13th (my birthday!) for Moscow. They are officially a family. Their daughter Kristina is so adorable. Congrats to the Deary Family! Hope to see more photos soon!

No comments: