Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Paperwork and More Waiting

If ever I thought having a court date would change things....it really doesn't. I still find myself doing paperwork and waiting for things to happen. Our passports are still in NY getting our much needed Russian Visas. Waiting on those to come back. The agency said probably Friday or Monday. They better get here in time. Vica sent us a list of paperwork that we need for the US Embassy visit in Moscow. So more paperwork to compile. At least it doesn't need to be notarized, apostilled, and stamped to death like the other paperwork. Most everything is set to get packed this weekend. I still need to go out and get a few things so more errands to make. A lot to organize and sort through. Thank goodness for Excel spreadsheets. They make such tidy lists. And I sit waiting to go. Instead of wondering when we'll go, now we wait for the day to arrive. I just hope nothing goes terribly wrong, like changing our court date. Ugh!

So today I am off in search of gifts for everyone in Russia who has helped us. We couldn't have done this without them. I also want to return a couple things to Babies R' Us. We received quite a bit of clothing for Colby at the baby shower. Most of which is 18 months old. I'm pretty sure he'll fit into them but I'd like to return a couple things to get the next size bigger. And I need to get to the bank. So much to do. It's a good thing we're not leaving until next Wed. We'll be ready by then but I'm more than ready to go now, emotionally anyway.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I have to tell you I have not even thought about packing or getting that stuff ready. I have just been so busy thinking that one day I will get my dates that I am in a stand still.

I am so glad to hear that you are close to being ready.
Joy

Laura said...

You have inspired me just to get some things in order (gifts, lists, money, etc.) so when the call comes --- I'm not a raging lunatic! Ugh -- there'll be no living with me then. Poor JD.

Keep up the positive attitude - it will get you through this week!

~Laura