Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year

Well, a new year has come. Welcome in 2009. So much has happened in 2008, I can only imagine what 2009 can bring. I can hope for so many things. Mainly, I hope that it will bring my baby home to me. And soon.

On New Year's Eve Mike and I went to my Aunt Doone's house. Anut Doone and Uncle Gordon have a few friends and family members to their house for New Year's. It is all about having fun and being with the ones you love. We have a great time and the kids that are usually there get to play together. This year it snowed most of the day so most of the people who usually go to their house didn't show up. My cousin Carmen and her family stayed at their house I think near Hartford. However, my mom and dad did come. And my cousin Jason and his family were there. It was a lot of fun. We played dominoes and just enjoyed the company. A nice low key party.

Something did strike me as odd all day though. As the day progressed I knew that a part of our family was missing, Colby. It felt awful celebrating a new year without him. Around 2:00P.M. here, an odd thought crept in my head. It had kept me up most of the night before too. At 2:00P.M. here, my little boy was not only in a different country, on a different continent, thousands of miles and hours away, but he was also in a different year. There are some days when I do stop and whisper to him to have a good morning but now I had to stop and whisper to him to have a great year. I am sure that we will have an amazing year together once he is home. I can only hope that that happens soon.

We have not received our update on Colby as of yet. The agency was sure we would have it this week but with the holidays I didn't honestly think we would. I hoped but I didn't think so. I am not sure if I am upset or not. I really want the update but if Svetlana doesn't have the time to travel to the baby home, about 1 1/2 hours away on a good day, because she is talking with the judge or working on our paperwork, than I hope she is doing just that. I'd rather get back sooner than have the update. I am not sure what is going on over there but hopefully we will hear something soon. We shall see.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I can not wait to hear about the update! I hope she has lots of pictures for you.
Joy

Laura said...

I wish you much joy in this new year, Melissa. Hang tight...the holidays are almost over with in Russia and hopefully you'll hear something real soon.

Looking forward to your next post!!!!

~Laura

Nicole Brueck said...

I hope you get your update soon....the holidays are almost over in Russia I believe.

Hang in there!