Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ugh!

Today was the longest day ever. The kids in the class I am subbing in were just awful. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep the past few nights or the anxiousness of the wait but I had little patience. The kids just don't stop talking and arguing. And the attitudes on some of the girls, ugh. A very rough day.

As mentioned Mike and I have received our update on Colby. Although there was little info except to tell us how tall he now is and how much he weighs. We do now have 4 terrific photos of our little guy. We were hoping to hear from the agency today though. Svetlana was supposed to meet with the judge, the social worker, and the director of the baby home and hopefully set our court date. It is now 1AM on Thurs in Ekat. But yet no word. I don't know what to think anymore. I was trying to not get my hopes up but I just don't think I can wait anymore. I know there are families who have waited longer than we have. 2 families waited 11 and 13 months in between trips. We are now on 7 months. I don't think I can wait any longer. THis is just too hard. I want my baby. The longer this process goes on the harder the transition will be for him. Don't they understand? Why does everything have to be so hard? I just want my baby.

Perhaps we will hear something soon, but I doubt it. This is just too hard.

5 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

I have been following the blog for awhile and want you to know that I will pray that soon very soon you hear about your court date! You have waited long enough and so has Colby. Thinking positive thoughts for you!!!
Jolynn

Joy said...

I am sending up prayers for you and your baby. I know how your arms must ache right now.
Joy

lh said...

You are so close and you can do it - there is no choice! They don't make it any easier once you're there either - it will continue to be completely frustrating until you are finally home with Colby so I wouldn't expect anything else! But it's what "they" do and you'll get through it like the rest of us have. I know you're close but they're still going to throw things at you - just be prepared but know that you can and will "do it"! Whatever they throw at you you can take! Then, you have to thank them for it after court! Ha - that one wasn't easy as I was so furious with the judge! 2 1/2 hours of ridiculous grilling (and "picking on" my kids) after she already knew she was going to grant the adoption. Who can figure why? But, Colby doesn't know the difference right now and will catch up once he's given the opportunity. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Uggghhh. I thought four months was too long. I cannot even imagine how long your wait has been. Hang in there. It will surely happen soon, and as soon as he is in your arms again the "wait" seems like it happened years before. Praying that you will continue to be strong.
Jody

Anonymous said...

Hey! What's that I see on your timeline? Did you really and truly receive your court date today?! I can't wait to see that post!!!!!!
Jody