Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update

Mike and I are still waiting for our official update from our agency. From the emails that we have received, it seems that winter is trully in effect in Siberia. It must be so different from when we saw it 7 months ago in late June. The roads from Ekat to Kamensk are very bad and Svetlana hasn't been able to go to the baby home. Once the roads were better, the director of the baby home was on vacation. The Russian Christmas was just 1/7 so things are now back on track.

I mentioned not receiving the official update from the agency, but this morning I received a wonderful surprise. I guess I was so excited that my yell to Mike to get up (he was still in bed, I had gotten up to let the dog out) startled him and he was worried something bad happened. Nothing bad today! Today Svetlana was so sweet. She sent the official update to the agency which we should receive tomorrow but she also sent us 2 updated photos of Colby. He is even cuter than I remember. He certainly has grown a little and he has lost some of that "baby face". He is standing in both photos so I am sure he is now walking. What a difference a day makes. Today is a good day and so should tomorrow be. We will receive more info and more photos! YEAH! Svetlana mentioned that she and the social worker are meeting with the judge on Wed. Perhaps a court date will be set! Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be hoping your court date is set!

Joy said...

I have everything crossed. I just know that you will be back there soon.

I will be surprised if you will be able to sleep at all tonight.
Joy

Laura said...

Anxiously awaiting your next post...and like Joy -- everything crossed for good news!!

And keep looking at those pics...he'll be in your arms soon!

~Laura :)