Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another Letter Sent

Yesterday I sent another letter to Colby and Tatiana, the director of the baby home. I have been sending one a month. It helps me feel a little more connected while we are apart. Along with the letters, I try to send a little something. The July letter included two little baseball caps. They always keep the kids in hats when they go outside so we wanted to send a couple for Colby and his friends. In August I sent a couple long sleeved shirts. It is starting to get cooler there already. Winter will be coming quickly. The two families that I know are in Russia now say that it is about 50 degrees now. Yesterday I sent a couple disposable cameras. I admit this was a selfish act on my part. Nothing for my little guy or the baby home but completely for me. I am hoping that the caretakers and Tatiana will take some pictures of him, themselves, and the baby home. I want to make a memory book for Colby and those pictures will be great to have as a reminder to share with Colby as he grows up. I'll also love seeing how much he will grow before we go back.

We are still hoping for Christmas. We shall see. The documents should be with the judge so hopefully we will hear what docs he wants us to update. Keep your fingers crossed for us for Christmas!

No comments: