Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Quiet Day, Lots of Birthdays, and Fellow Blogger Updates

Today was a nice quiet day. The weekend has had beautiful weather. You can tell that Fall is coming. It has been rather chilly in the mornings. Today I went with my mom and my Aunt Doone to a craft fair in Deerfield, Mass. Ever since I can remember, I have gone with them and my cousin Carmen (Aunt Doone's oldest daughter) to craft fairs and other shopping excursions. It was nice to go again today. We had a nice ride up there and walked around. We didn't buy much but the day was great nonetheless. Then we went down the road to the Yankee Candle Factory and had lunch and walked around. I really enjoy spending time with my mom and Aunt Doone but we haven't had much time together lately. Everyone is so busy. When we do get together it is always lots of fun, talking, laughing, and just enjoying eachothers' company. A nice day all around!

I also want to mention a few family birthdays. September is a busy month in my family. My sister (in-law) Jan had her birthday on 9/2. My sister Karin's is 9/15 and my sister Kristin's is 9/17. They are actually a year apart but Karin is older, so on 9/16 they are the same age. My mom's birthday will be on Mon 9/22 and my nephew Alex's is on 9/23. Lots to celebrate. I can only hope that Colby will be here next year to celebrate with them.

A congrats go out to a few fellow bloggers. One family is in Ekat visiting with twin daughters who will be adopted in just a few days. Another couple is travelling to Ekat tomorrow to see their daughter for the first time. Wow! Congrats to everyone. I love reading the updates and either gathering insight into our future trip or helping out those on their first visit. I look forward to all the updates.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey, thanks for the good wishes, Melissa. I just got online to check the weather in Ekat...now back to packing sweaters (for under our heavy jackets!). I'll definitely keep you posted as to which babyhome we'll be at...and find out if Colby and K are little buds together! :)