Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday and It's Been a Year

First, let me say a big Happy Birthday to my mom. She's celebrating a big one but I won't say which one!

Well, it has been a year since Mike and I went to our first informational meeting with Wide Horizons. I can't believe it! So much has changed yet so much remains yet to change. A year ago I had no idea I would have travelled to Russia, Siberia no less, to meet my child. I had no idea that a little curly blonde haired, grey eyed baby boy was waiting for me to go through a ton of paperwork and come get him. We've met with many different doctors, dealt with a social worker (who is amazing), met lots of great people who have been very supportive through all of this, lauhed, cried, and been totally amazed by this whole process. Where will we be next year? What will we have done? I look forward to celebrating my mom's birthday next year with her grandson as well. It's been a year, and it isn't over yet, but we are getting closer everyday. Hurry up judge and read those papers! We want to get back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa!

I have been reading your blog once in a while. It's been a year huh? I remember that day too. You have a lot to look forward to a year from now!

We are doing Early Intervention and Playgroup, once a week, and last week we started a music class. The boys are having a blast and they have grown 2 shoe sizes in the 9 months they have been home. They have grown a couple of inches and gained a lot of weight. You wouldn't know it looking at them (string beans!) but they are a lot stronger and more confident than they were when they got home!

I know how you are feeling and I only hope you get to Ekat soon. I think about you often and send prayers your way.

Your life will never be the same and you won't know what it was like without them!

Take Care and Hang in there!

Amy

P.S. I watch that Adoption Stories show too once in a while. I cry every time!!